Friday, March 22, 2013

Staying Motivated & A Bit Of Tuna Fish



Motivation, where have you gone? Yesterday I was feeling down on myself. I have been working really hard at eating clean and training hard in order to lose the weight I would like, develop the body I want to have. I have been at a constant weight for the past, who knows how long and can't ever seem to get past it. It's the worst feeling, even when I know numbers aren't everything and that I have made SERIOUS progress, i often still find it defeating me. When you are dieting, you hit a plateau and this is where you have to increase your training and stick to your diet REALLY GOOD in order to break through it, or also your barrier. THIS IS THE HARDEST THING IN THE WORLD. I always go about a month of doing really well, when this starts happening and I STOP. This explains my consistent weight, not losing anything problem. I carry most of my weight in my legs, and have a smaller upper body but when I work out, no matter what I am doing, I always lose weight in my upper body. WHY? WHY? WHY? Because my body hates me, and it wants me to break through my barrier before I can lose weight in my bottom half. Really though, it's been such a hard task but I am honestly determined this time to get through it and to defeat the barrier. I want so badly to feel good this summer all around, not just in my arms and abs, but in my legs and butt and calves. It is going to happen! I managed to brush off my hard feelings yesterday, throw on my gym clothes and work extra hard at the gym. I got on the scale and wasn't happy with the numbers, but realized each day I am getting closer, and each day I need to work harder. Eric and I are going to the gym tonight and I can't wait for him to push me. He is honestly the best and always tells me what I need to hear. It may not be the sweetest, sugar coated bunch of words, but he tells me in the end I will be happy and that I can push through it if I truly want it. He is such inspiration and keeps me going. I'm lucky to have him as my coach, my biggest fan, my husband and my best friend<3


Side note that also relates to Eric....

He is a butt face!<---Only because he is ALWAYS right and this whole eating clean, working out is making my mind GO CRAZY. Before our wedding, I was eating healthy, clean and right and knew that I needed to try new things that were good for me since I am older and wiser now and could probably like food I used to hate. One of these foods is cottage cheese. I tried it one day during the summer and I swallowed it down because I knew it was good for me and I still hated it. This past month, I decided to take a second shot at it and buy a small package. To my surprise, I LOVED IT! I crave it all the time, eat it everyday and just last week bough 10 containers of it because I go through so much cottage cheese! SO WEIRD! I never thought the day would come that I would like cottage cheese but it has, and Eric was so happy, especially because he loves to throw it in my face that he was right. Well, it was last week that we were in PC and Susan made Eric a tuna fish sandwich....YUCK! I grew up eating "chicken tuna" and never ever liked tuna fish. I like fish, but not tuna. Well, being the daring person I am, tried a bite and to my surprise ENJOYED IT! I wanted to show my excitement, but played it off and ever since then I have been CRAVING TUNA FISH. It makes me sick to know Eric was right about me eventually liking these foods. I can't help but think "healthiness" is taking over my mind. I am happy, but embarrassed that I like them now. Eric loves it, and he is waiting until the day when I will like pickles or mustard....but don't plan on that anytime soon!


It's friday & I hope everyone enjoys their weekends!
xo Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment