Wednesday, April 10, 2013

School


If you don't already know this, I am currently in the Elementary Education program at UVU and although its a heavy work load, I LOVE IT. I am so glad to finally be close to finishing college, and am so proud of myself for sticking with what I have always wanted to do. I haven't taken a break from school, and am only a few semesters away from being graduated! In the education program, we are divided into cohorts, and this is a group of about 30 people that you share classes with for the next 2 years. I go to school everyday, 8-11 with the same 30 people! I love this because you really get to know these people and develop friendships. It's only been a semester, and I already have so many good friends! I have 6 classes right now, and am busy busy busy all the time with homework, but I can honestly say I enjoy most of the homework I do, and am ALWAYS learning new things. I didn't completely understand the amount of work it takes to become a teacher, and have really developed more respect for teachers and all that they do. Only 2 more weeks of the semester, and I can't wait! It's a great feeling to know I am one step closer. My advice to anyone in school is to stick it out! I know that there were times I wanted to take a break and just work, but I look back and think if I had taken a break, I might have not gone back. I think it is so important to get an education, and I think that everyone has the opportunity to get it, so go and do it people! (:

xo Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment