Wednesday, March 6, 2013

BIRTHDAY BABE

I'm late on the bloggin....but it was the hubby's birthday last weekend! Eric has hit the age of 22 years old! WAHOO!! It is weird to think he is 22, because all my life I thought that once you get to be 22....you are way old. He feels 22, he feels old because he gets to do adult things and be a big old adult and what not...even though he's been that way for a few years(: anyways...we had 3 days full of celebrating!

1. FRIDAY: I am the worst at surprises, so I was so proud of myself when my parents told me they were giving us jazz tickets for friday nights game to celebrate eric's birthday. I had kept it a secret all week and friday had come....well plans didn't go too well and I was very sad. Needless to say....I was antsy to get off work, didn't get off on time, got stuck in traffic, took a back road and got lost, was late to meet eric at the restaurant which then made it a 50 minute wait that we couldn't stay for and the surprise got ruined. I cried, and Eric felt bad because I was so excited, but was also exhausted and in the end, he was just happy go lucky about going to the jazz game and didn't care that my entire plan was ruined!

2. SATURDAY: Eric and I woke up and I gave him the second half of his birthday present with his cute hand made card! He loved his presents! (I gave him the jazz hoodie he is wearing, and a new nice basketball, work out tanks, and I owe him dinner) After we drank our delicious green smoothies, we went to the gym and KICKED OUR BUTTS. Eric played the "it's my birthday so you have to do this.." card and we worked out together. It was so much fun and it made me think of summer when we had the time to work out with each other everyday. I often hate how sore I am the day after working out with him, but in the moment I love it.
Saturday continued: We headed up to Plain City to celebrate with the Roddoms! (It's marks birthday too!) and we had pizza and delicious rice krispie/ice cream/raspberry dessert! I love hanging out up there and celebrating birthdays made it that much better! After that, we went and met up with some old friends of Eric's and went bowling! It was a BLAST! I beat eric (again) but he was a good loser(:



3. SUNDAY: We come home from plain city, showered and headed out to a movie with my family! We went and saw warm bodies and I thought it was such a cute movie! We snacked on popcorn and when we were done hit up costco for our weekly grocery shopping. 

My mom knew Eric loved funfetti cake, so she spoiled us with this cutesy cake and eric got to blow out the candles again!


Overall, a great weekend full of celebrating and I hope its one my hubby can remember! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

xo Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment